the racing season is over now, so time to check the bikes and store them for winter.
At the last event the C110 started shifting a bit less smooth, so I wanted to open up the motor to see if I could find anything.
couldn't really find anything with the gearbox except for normal wear, well, not even normal as the bike is about 50 years old and all I could find was a small mark on a shift fork. Made some clearance there and that was it.
Then wanted to clean the clutch, as it acts somewhat as a centrifugal filter and found this:
oops, although I've seen them worse in pictures.
luckily I had a spare engine by now that still had a good clutch center, so this is going back together as it worked fine up till now with the extra preload washers with heavy duty springs.
Just one modification I wanted to do to the gearbox, I replaced the standard stopper arm with an S90 part, these have a little roller on the end, that might just prevent the selector to stick between gears. I've had this happen a couple of times so hopefully this helps, or the fact that I now swapped the old style shift arm for a more modern type, eliminating about 2cm of play in my pedal.