Sunday, December 29, 2013

20mm powerjet carb

wanted a 20mm powerjet carb for a long time, and now I've got one, NOS from ebay. I thought this would be the perfect period correct "racing" carb for the C110. I have some 22mm's off a CB72, but they are just a bit too big.
Made a flange to mount the carb to the frame in original position, and the manifold that came with the carb was turned down to fit a S65 rubber that fits onto the original C110 manifold.

Performance parts with original looks.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

RSC footpegs

Today I finished mounting my newly cast footpegs and pedals.
Replica RS125 footpegs with Replica CR110 brake and shift pedal mounted to the brackets I made earlier, also had to make a new shifter connecting rod because my pedals are further back now and higher. So the next thing will be to make a higher paddockstand as the old one is too low now. (or I might just steel it from the SS50 racer which is momentarily parked behind the sofa)

just some sanding, beadblasting and polishing to do, to really finish it, but I'm really happy with the results so far.

Friday, December 20, 2013

aluminium casting, second try

Today, I tried casting some more parts in aluminium, a bit more difficult shapes this time.

Method as explained by myfordboy
first you fill the "top" and mould the models in.

Then you make the bottom, and scrap the top, as it will not have been formed fully under the models you poked into the sand. Risers in place.

New top made, ready for metal.

One CR110 shift lever and a not fully formed RS125 footpeg.

As the oven was warm and I had some more molten metal, I hurried to make another mold and cast another RS125 footpeg, this one is fully formed and can be used even though the underside isn't that pretty because I made a small mistake.

Time to start experimenting with some new sand I bought and to make more casings for making molds, so next time I will be able to cast more at a time.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Garage sale

I've collected too much stuff for a lot of projects, also some stuff gets replaced, so I have to clean up a little bit.
There is an ad on the dutch 4stroke moped board, but why not but it on the blog too.
Pictures can be found here of everything that is for sale, parts for many different types like C110, CB50, SS50, SL90....
Help me get rid of some of my old stuff so I can build more cool stuff and put it on the blog.
See something you like, give me an e-mail, adress can be found on the right, just under the list of parts I'm still looking for, maybe we can trade.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

front brake anchor

Today's work, well a bit of it.
The front brake anchor made from aircraft grade aluminium with a custom bolt to hold it to the brakeplate with M8 12mm castle nut

anybody have an extra front brake arm, early cast steel type?

Saturday, December 14, 2013

wheels and tires

The big rim, spokes and tires changout trick is just about done.
The wheels off my C110 streetbike have been laced up to 17" rims again, alloy morad, just untill I can find original DID rims. And the hubs for the C110 racer came in from belgium and after some beadblasting and pollishing, have been laced up to the old 18" rims that came out of the other bike.

Now it's really starting to look like something, with wheels and tires in the correct dimensions. Still need a front brake arm, some bearings and then its on to make a fender and so on.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Aluminium casting

My newest project, aluminium casting.
Because all the cool parts I want on my bikes were made from sandcast alloy back in the days, and now are not, or seldom for sale anymore.
Today was the first attempt to create a casting and it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.
Still have some work to do in the form making department, but this first result makes me want to do more.

Form ready for casting, what do you think it will be:

Just poored:

just pulled the object from the sand:

And machined to fit a (somewhat modified) SS50 ignition cover:

It is a bit higher then standard, but that is to be able to mount a 12v crankshaft. And because I made a simple form for a first casting attempt.
Now to refine the process and make a few more covers before I start doing something else, like rearsets, cilinderhead covers and brakeplates.