Okay, last weekend was another event, and again I forgot to take pictures, the day is pretty full when riding 3 classes and doing repairs in between.
The RSC90 had a brake problem in training, so I swapped the 4LS wheel for the spare 2LS with homebuilt brakeplate, which performed perfectly.
(picture from the CRT website)
The C110 did really well, only the brakes leave a little to be desired, might be they are too small, or that I can't get enough force into them, so I swapped the brake lever for a longer one to see if that will help for next weekend.
And then there was the CB50, took a little getting used to, as it revs much higher then the other bikes, and now found it annoying that the tachometer wasn't accurate anymore since I had fallen some time ago where the tach had some damage afterwards.
So finally I decided on making another tachometer that would be accurate even in those high revs. and the old one from the 50 went onto a CB72 where it is no problem if the accuracy goes down above 13.000rpm.
Step one, take a standard Honda tachometer and open it up.
Step two, make a little bracket that stops the needle at 3, or whatever you make your custom face start at.
Step three, replace the face, and paint up all the outside bits to the colour of your choosing. In my case black, like the original CR110 tachometers where my face is modelled after.
Step four, put the tachometer back together again, seen here still resting in the cilinder liner that has been modified to become a tach-pressing-tool to crimp the original ring closed again.
and in between, check if it still works okay, these things are delicate, I'm glad this one went well, and also like the completely white needle and black surrounds, the first ones I did were different, but I like this better. Less fuss, more pure racing use.